Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- fb.me/9hGl4vR5e 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/1Nft6rJ12 3 weeks ago
- fb.me/E5WxwJQh 1 month ago
- The Italian publisher E/O is expecting virtue kudos for “standing up” to Amazon. They’re are not getting them... fb.me/DSfgowaK 2 months ago
- Three Translators Respond to “Arrival” - Words Without Borders fb.me/2ryPnvgw4 4 months ago
- Firmate per favore! Un aiuto alla traduzione e alle idee... traduttoristrade.it/2012/petizione… 4 months ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.Advertisements
Tag Archives: TransPerfect
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II
A little less than a year and a half ago, No Peanuts! reported on the obscenely opulent, Mabley Handler-designed, $11.5 million mansion purchased by TransPerfect co-CEO Liz Elting and her busband, Michael Burlant. Translators making five cents a word helped pay for that house, but it turns out NP! wasn’t alone in having a problem with Elting’s ostentatious purchase. Continue reading
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You
Last May, No Peanuts! reported on the $3,600-a-month, Upper East Side apartment inhabited by Kelly Marek, a global account director for TransPerfect, the U.S.-based mega, mega-greedy, and mega-cheap-with-translators translation agency. At the time we remarked that Marek had to be earning something … Continue reading
It’s not true that the translation profession is in trouble! Kevin Lossner describes the new employment opportunities available to today’s translators: chattel labor, indentured servitude, linguistic sausage production, slavelance, cog in the profit gears, bulk-market bog slopper, digital sharecropper. Essential reading for those floundering … Continue reading
So the New York Times, bringing to public attention the harrowing saga of “serial renters” in the Big Apple, dropped this intriguing item in its Real Estate section last March 28: Kelly Marek, 30 … a global account director for TransPerfect, a … Continue reading