Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- RT @Fossil_News: .@GlacierNationalPark @NatlParkService How about enforcing your own rules regarding face masks? Less than 10% of people on… 1 year ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A hero’s journey in a post-liberation #gaylit key: no torment, no drama, a healthy dose of irony. A c… 2 years ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A gay, post-liberation roman à clef: no torment, no drama, lots of humor & a love story to boot. Our… 2 years ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A small-town coming-out novel set in Italy & scored to an ‘80s pop-music soundtrack. A gay hero who k… 2 years ago
- .@StritFud inglisc.wordpress.com/the-gallery-of… 2 years ago
- “Lo voglio morto” non sarebbe stato forse la mia prima scelta, perché anche lo scarafaggio ha una mamma, ma se poi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Tag Archives: translation
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II
A little less than a year and a half ago, No Peanuts! reported on the obscenely opulent, Mabley Handler-designed, $11.5 million mansion purchased by TransPerfect co-CEO Liz Elting and her busband, Michael Burlant. Translators making five cents a word helped pay for that house, but it turns out NP! wasn’t alone in having a problem with Elting’s ostentatious purchase. Continue reading
They’re Women & They Work: Why Does Italy’s La Repubblica Refuse to Name Translators? – An Open Letter to Sheryl Sandberg
Disrespectful, Discriminatory, and Illegal: They’re Women & They Work! Leggete in italiano: Una lettera aperta a Sheryl Sandberg. In a simultaneous release with the American edition, the new and controversial book by Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s CEO (Lean In: Women, Work and the … Continue reading
From Ferran Esteve‘s blog, De piratas intelectuales poderosos (in Spanish). We’ve seen this happen all too often: A translator translates a book only to find, when the book is published, that his or her name has disappeared. In its place, … Continue reading
In the context of freelance translation—and most translators and interpreters the world over are freelancers—the concept of “a living wage” sounds to some people like a wrong note. Several Peanutsistas have written to tell us so. Here’s why we think … Continue reading
Read the No Peanuts! Statement of Principles in Estonian, Spanish, Turkish, Romanian, or Russian. The No Peanuts! Movement supports professional translators and interpreters in demanding and receiving a fair and honest living from their work. No Peanuts! means refusing to … Continue reading