- Findlay, Jean. “The Perfect Proust Translation – But Not for Purists.” The Guardian, 15 August 2014.
- Shugaar, Antony. “Translation as a Performing Art.” New York Times, 27 January 2104.
- Translators Are a Waste of Space – Erik Skuggevik for The Norwegian Association of Literary Translators
- “In Other Words” – Juan Gabriel Vásquez’s The Sound of Things Falling (NYT Book Review, Letter to the Editor)
- Facciamoci Avanti Riconosce le Traduttrici di Sandberg / Facciamoci Avanti Acknowledges Sandberg’s Italian Translators
- C’è chi dice no: Giuliana Lupi, traduttrice di Open, e La Repubblica
- Are Bad Translators Driving out the Good? – Luigi Muzii and Sir Thomas Gresham (24 September 2012) — from the “The Translation Business” blog (English)
- Ai Traduttori: Il sostegno di Giuseppe Culicchi — Jacopo Tondelli, Corriere della Sera, 12 February 2010 (Italian)
- Cappelli alti di forma – Umberto Eco, L’Espresso,28 September 2007
- Onore al traduttore (spesso ignoto) – Paolo Di Stefano
- “Traduzioni e traduttori” – a letter by Luigi Rancati to Giorgio De Rienzo’s column “Scioglilingua” in the Corriere della Sera (15 July 2010; in Italian).
- Why Translators Deserve Some Credit — Tim Parks, The Guardian, 25 April 2010
- Why Translation Matters (an excerpt) – Edith Grossman, WORDS without BORDERS
Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- No errors detected! twitter.com/Jeromobot/stat… 2 weeks ago
- Hmmm, #translators. Did you know that some publishers do this routinely? 🤔 twitter.com/chrismeyns/sta… 2 weeks ago
- It’s not only translators who are victimized by copyright rustling publishers. Read @chrismeyns’ threads about… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ashleydfarley: This thread. More and more funders are stepping up to help authors keep their copyright. twitter.com/chrismeyns/sta… 2 weeks ago
- RT @provenwrite: .@NOTISnet Because so many just-starting-out translators had questions about copyright & translation yesterday at the conf… 2 weeks ago
- RT @provenwrite: I wish these issues would be discussed openly and seriously at ATA @atanet and at ALTA @LitTranslate. Why so much resistan… 2 weeks ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.Advertisements