Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- fb.me/PsvSpPlm 8 hours ago
- .@open_letter Where's the industry outrage? We boycott manufacturers for sleazy labor practices.Why not… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- .@chadwpost Where's the industry outrage? We boycott manufacturers for sleazy labor practices. Why not… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- .@LitTranslate Where's the outrage? We boycotted #Nike for sleazy labor practices. Why not @EuropaEditions? No revi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- .@wwborders Are you not outraged? We boycotted #Nike for sleazy labor practices. Why not @EuropaEditions? No review… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- .@NOTISnet Are you not outraged? We boycotted #Nike for sleazy labor practices. Why not @EuropaEditions? No reviews… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Category Archives: Translation#Fail
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II
A little less than a year and a half ago, No Peanuts! reported on the obscenely opulent, Mabley Handler-designed, $11.5 million mansion purchased by TransPerfect co-CEO Liz Elting and her busband, Michael Burlant. Translators making five cents a word helped pay for that house, but it turns out NP! wasn’t alone in having a problem with Elting’s ostentatious purchase. Continue reading
Today’s insult to translators is brought to you by the people who are profiting off the “new economy,” “crowd-sourcing,” “job-sharing,” and other neoliberal strategies for destroying professional qualifications, eliminating all regulation, and keeping trained workers from supporting themselves … … … Continue reading
The German daily, FAZ (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung), dedicated the April 11, 2015 issue of its Saturday Magazin to the Milan Expo 2015. Among the articles in the issue was an interview with Tim Parks, author, memoirist, translator (of Tabucchi, Calvino, … Continue reading
******************************************** Add your name to the “Put A Stop To Copyright Rustling!” petition! ******************************************** The New York publisher, Europa Editions, founded in 2005 by Sandro Ferri and Sandra Ozzola Ferri (an Italian married couple who also own the Rome-based press, Edizioni … Continue reading
The people at Webflakes have a great idea for translators: Come work for free! Yes, it’s yet another business that hopes to profit from other people’s unpaid work (in this case, “language buffs – professional translators or students, active or … Continue reading
Here’s more on the lackadaisical (and increasingly low-quality) journalism of La Stampa, one of Italy’s largest (and oldest) newspapers. In the essay that follows (in Italian), Luca Lovisolo makes painfully clear what happens when journalists pretend to be translators — and how … Continue reading
It seems worth saying before anything else that La Stampa’s Anna Martellato is a lousy journalist. In her 19 July 2013 article about the “scandal” caused by the decision of the health department in Mirano (Veneto), Italy, to spend nearly … Continue reading