Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- Contra Costa court interpreters call one-day strike fb.me/6CwdlDpnE 2 weeks ago
- RT @provenwrite: Se avete bisogno di un motivo in più per voler bene a Michele Murgia, andate al minuto 1:25 per ascoltare come si riconosc… 2 months ago
- A better idea: Read books put out by publishers that don't "po' mouth" translators and rustle their copyrights,… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- Thank you, @MargaretAtwood! twitter.com/margaretatwood… 2 months ago
- fb.me/PsvSpPlm 3 months ago
- .@open_letter Where's the industry outrage? We boycott manufacturers for sleazy labor practices.Why not… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Category Archives: The Sustainable Translator
… and responds to a job offer from a publisher who doesn’t know he no longer works as a translator. Dear […], Yes, you’ve reached me at the correct address. Thank you for the offer of a translation project. Reluctantly, … Continue reading
Massimo Coppola’s “big explanation” for what happened at ISBN Edizioni is too little, too late … and too typical. In the end, Massimo Coppola, the publisher of the embattled (and, apparently, now officially defunct) Italian independent publisher, ISBN Edizioni, rolled … Continue reading
In the four weeks since No Peanuts! launched its campaign to raise awareness about the alarming number of translators who lose their copyrights to English-language translation publishers, those who refuse to sign the Copyright Rustling petition or support the campaign … Continue reading
… the publisher will see you now. In the week or so since No Peanuts! posted information about the new report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, … Continue reading
Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work
A newly released report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, reveals that translators in commercial English-language publishing lose copyright to their work more than one-third of the … Continue reading
******************************************** Add your name to the “Put A Stop To Copyright Rustling!” petition! ******************************************** The New York publisher, Europa Editions, founded in 2005 by Sandro Ferri and Sandra Ozzola Ferri (an Italian married couple who also own the Rome-based press, Edizioni … Continue reading
Is Translators Without Borders a force for good … or just another front for the translation industry’s corporate sausage-makers? “We have the Silvio Berlusconi of translation and a host of others representing companies with significant interests in the commoditization and sometimes … Continue reading