Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- No errors detected! twitter.com/Jeromobot/stat… 2 months ago
- Hmmm, #translators. Did you know that some publishers do this routinely? 🤔 twitter.com/chrismeyns/sta… 2 months ago
- It’s not only translators who are victimized by copyright rustling publishers. Read @chrismeyns’ threads about… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @ashleydfarley: This thread. More and more funders are stepping up to help authors keep their copyright. twitter.com/chrismeyns/sta… 2 months ago
- RT @provenwrite: .@NOTISnet Because so many just-starting-out translators had questions about copyright & translation yesterday at the conf… 2 months ago
- RT @provenwrite: I wish these issues would be discussed openly and seriously at ATA @atanet and at ALTA @LitTranslate. Why so much resistan… 2 months ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.Advertisements
Category Archives: Respect
… and responds to a job offer from a publisher who doesn’t know he no longer works as a translator. Dear […], Yes, you’ve reached me at the correct address. Thank you for the offer of a translation project. Reluctantly, … Continue reading
At the close of its campaign against the widespread practice in English-language translation-publishing of taking translators’ copyrights—especially in the United States and particularly among university presses and some of the largest publishers of translation in the U.S.—No Peanuts! is delivering … Continue reading
BREAKING: As of 27 July 2015, ISBN Edizioni has filed for bankruptcy. Italian writers/translators with claims should go to STradE’s info page to find out how to proceed: FALLIMENTO DI ISBN EDIZIONI SRL The case of the (apparently) bankrupt Italian publisher, … Continue reading
… the publisher will see you now. In the week or so since No Peanuts! posted information about the new report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, … Continue reading
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You
Last May, No Peanuts! reported on the $3,600-a-month, Upper East Side apartment inhabited by Kelly Marek, a global account director for TransPerfect, the U.S.-based mega, mega-greedy, and mega-cheap-with-translators translation agency. At the time we remarked that Marek had to be earning something … Continue reading
Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work
A newly released report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, reveals that translators in commercial English-language publishing lose copyright to their work more than one-third of the … Continue reading
Some fourteen months ago, the TranslatorLeaks site published an article entitled “Orbe and Manta Translations: Walks, Quacks, & Swims Like a Scam, and ProZ is Helping!” In it, TranslatorLeaks criticized BOTH the Argentinian translation agency, Manta/Orbe (which also operates extensively in … Continue reading