Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- RT @Fossil_News: .@GlacierNationalPark @NatlParkService How about enforcing your own rules regarding face masks? Less than 10% of people on… 5 months ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A hero’s journey in a post-liberation #gaylit key: no torment, no drama, a healthy dose of irony. A c… 1 year ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A gay, post-liberation roman à clef: no torment, no drama, lots of humor & a love story to boot. Our… 1 year ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A small-town coming-out novel set in Italy & scored to an ‘80s pop-music soundtrack. A gay hero who k… 1 year ago
- .@StritFud inglisc.wordpress.com/the-gallery-of… 1 year ago
- “Lo voglio morto” non sarebbe stato forse la mia prima scelta, perché anche lo scarafaggio ha una mamma, ma se poi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Category Archives: Respect
… and responds to a job offer from a publisher who doesn’t know he no longer works as a translator. Dear […], Yes, you’ve reached me at the correct address. Thank you for the offer of a translation project. Reluctantly, … Continue reading
At the close of its campaign against the widespread practice in English-language translation-publishing of taking translators’ copyrights—especially in the United States and particularly among university presses and some of the largest publishers of translation in the U.S.—No Peanuts! is delivering … Continue reading
BREAKING: As of 27 July 2015, ISBN Edizioni has filed for bankruptcy. Italian writers/translators with claims should go to STradE’s info page to find out how to proceed: FALLIMENTO DI ISBN EDIZIONI SRL The case of the (apparently) bankrupt Italian publisher, … Continue reading
… the publisher will see you now. In the week or so since No Peanuts! posted information about the new report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, … Continue reading
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You
Last May, No Peanuts! reported on the $3,600-a-month, Upper East Side apartment inhabited by Kelly Marek, a global account director for TransPerfect, the U.S.-based mega, mega-greedy, and mega-cheap-with-translators translation agency. At the time we remarked that Marek had to be earning something … Continue reading
Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work
A newly released report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, reveals that translators in commercial English-language publishing lose copyright to their work more than one-third of the … Continue reading
Some fourteen months ago, the TranslatorLeaks site published an article entitled “Orbe and Manta Translations: Walks, Quacks, & Swims Like a Scam, and ProZ is Helping!” In it, TranslatorLeaks criticized BOTH the Argentinian translation agency, Manta/Orbe (which also operates extensively in … Continue reading
Further to our Facebook and Twitter posts about Unbabel, the latest entry in the “let’s swarm over the devastated battlefield of the translation profession and see if we can pick a few pockets before the corpses get too ripe” competition, we were … Continue reading
Every once in a while a really brilliant public-awareness campaign comes along. Here’s one of them. (Videos below.) As the folks at #coglioneNo (No Morons Here) write on their site: [#coglioneNo] is a reaction to the cheapening of creative work by … Continue reading
Sorvoliamo il titolo cliché, poco fantasioso, da pappagallo. Leggere questo articolo vale la pena.