Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- facebook.com/story.php?stor… 2 weeks ago
- ceatl.eu/ceatl-publishe… This is VERY GOOD stuff. CEATL continues to prove what a committed, smart, ideologically… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- The Italian publisher Bompiani – not exactly just some guy down the street – sends me an email, one of the kind... fb.me/7ZZUKYI6J 3 months ago
- fb.me/10pjX8Oxr 3 months ago
- fb.me/9hGl4vR5e 4 months ago
- fb.me/1Nft6rJ12 4 months ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.Advertisements
Category Archives: Press Releases
Recent research shows that translators’ copyrights are “rustled” one third of the time in trade and commercial publishing—and eighty percent of the time in university-press publishing. Simply put, copyright rustling happens when a book publisher takes something from a translator … Continue reading
At the close of its campaign against the widespread practice in English-language translation-publishing of taking translators’ copyrights—especially in the United States and particularly among university presses and some of the largest publishers of translation in the U.S.—No Peanuts! is delivering … Continue reading
In the four weeks since No Peanuts! launched its campaign to raise awareness about the alarming number of translators who lose their copyrights to English-language translation publishers, those who refuse to sign the Copyright Rustling petition or support the campaign … Continue reading
Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work
A newly released report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, reveals that translators in commercial English-language publishing lose copyright to their work more than one-third of the … Continue reading
At issue, irregularities in terms and conditions of AmazonCrossing literary translation contracts Two years of united resistance by German, Italian, and French translators a decisive factor in persuading Amazon to meet Following two years of resistance and organizing by European translators’ associations in … Continue reading
No Peanuts! and the Orrori da Gustare of Expo 2015’s “Foody” section are getting media attention in Italy. It’s about time! Aggiornato al 17 marzo 2014 ore 19:54 Gli incredibili orrori di traduzione in inglese sul sito dell’Expo 2015 fanno arrabbiare tutti di Stefania … Continue reading
Qualcuno, molto sommessamente, qualche dubbio l’aveva già sollevato ai tempi del lancio della campagna televisiva sulle reti Rai. Quel “Made by Italians”, presentato come una sorta di licenza poetica, poteva anche risultare chiaro al pubblico italiano al quale era rivolto lo spot. … Continue reading