Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- RT @Fossil_News: .@GlacierNationalPark @NatlParkService How about enforcing your own rules regarding face masks? Less than 10% of people on… 1 year ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A hero’s journey in a post-liberation #gaylit key: no torment, no drama, a healthy dose of irony. A c… 2 years ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A gay, post-liberation roman à clef: no torment, no drama, lots of humor & a love story to boot. Our… 2 years ago
- RT @provenwrite: Generations of Love. A small-town coming-out novel set in Italy & scored to an ‘80s pop-music soundtrack. A gay hero who k… 2 years ago
- .@StritFud inglisc.wordpress.com/the-gallery-of… 2 years ago
- “Lo voglio morto” non sarebbe stato forse la mia prima scelta, perché anche lo scarafaggio ha una mamma, ma se poi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Category Archives: Notes from No Peanuts!
Lionbridge Interpretations Manager for Ireland & UK: Don’t Spread Word about Lionbridge Deal with the EOIR
After a member of a Dublin-based interpreters’ mailing list posted information critical of the proposed agreement between Lionbridge and the US Executive Office for Immigration Review, Lionbridge International’s Interpretations Business Manager for Ireland & UK, Carolyn Flynn, ordered the member to stop … Continue reading
We’re Leaning As Fast As We Can: Still Trying to Get Sheryl Sandberg to Talk About Invisible Translators!
No Peanuts! turns three years old today. No, no. There’s no need for gifts. Well, okay, if you insist. You could: Read the Statement of Principles and decide to become an Official Endorser. Use the New Translator Directory of Translators … Continue reading
The No Peanuts! Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore project — and our first monthly prize to La Repubblica newspaper — is off to a great start! We’d like to thank all the BIG people … First off, a thanks as wide as … Continue reading
At long last, we’ve finished the reformatting of the old No Peanuts! Directory and the creation/migration of the brand new TNT Directory of Translators & Interpreters. Check it out! If you are listed, please take a look at your listing … Continue reading
Since its inception, the aim of No Peanuts! has been to promote an ecological approach to the working life of professional translators and interpreters. We start with the belief that language professionals deserve to receive a decent, appropriate, “living” wage … Continue reading
An agency owner takes aim at No Peanuts! (now there’s the shock of the century) and Giuseppe Manuel Brescia does an outstanding job (in two languages!) of reaffirming the principles that lie behind our movement. We find it ironic (and … Continue reading
No Peanuts! was launched exactly two months ago, on May 3, 2010. In these past sixty days: 1. Our blog has been visited more than 28,000 times by readers from 111 countries, including Kenya, Peru, and India and every country … Continue reading
… who wouldn’t want translators and interpreters to earn a decent living? No Peanuts! recently received an email from Laura Dempsey, the owner and manager of a relatively new, Ireland-based translation agency, EasyLSP Professional Language Services. Did we allow … Continue reading