Search No Peanuts!
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II May 20, 2016
- At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!* May 11, 2016
- An Italian literary translator with 22 years of experience leaves the profession … May 1, 2016
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- NP! wasn't the only one who had problems with TransPerfect co-CEO Liz Elting's purchase of an $11.5-million mansion. nopeanuts.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/meg… 1 week ago
- We really hate to gloat ... Oh, wait. No we don't.... fb.me/43HEvzx2U 1 week ago
- RT @isabrucher: Amateurs replacing pros, as non-#xl8-ors like TAUS & SDL psychopaths trying to master the #t9n market https://t.co/okiWys4W… 2 weeks ago
- When did May 1st stop being a celebration of the contributions of workers and start being a day to say, "Be thankful if you have a job"? 1 month ago
- Today is International Book & Copyright Day. Are your copyrights protected? I wonder how publishers like @EuropaEditions are celebrating. 1 month ago
- And the useful comment of IT>EN colleague, Gregory Conti, regarding Parks' inesplicable position on royalties for... fb.me/11bGgjwuT 2 months ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You: Part II
A little less than a year and a half ago, No Peanuts! reported on the obscenely opulent, Mabley Handler-designed, $11.5 million mansion purchased by TransPerfect co-CEO Liz Elting and her busband, Michael Burlant. Translators making five cents a word helped pay for that house, but it turns out NP! wasn’t alone in having a problem with Elting’s ostentatious purchase. Continue reading
At Last! Low-Cost Fares for Clients (especially publishers) Who Want to Save Money on Translations!*
After fielding yet another “proposal” to translate a book for a fee I found offensive, I thought it might be time to start offering a special, low-cost fare to publishers and other clients who are looking to save money on … Continue reading
… and responds to a job offer from a publisher who doesn’t know he no longer works as a translator. Dear […], Yes, you’ve reached me at the correct address. Thank you for the offer of a translation project. Reluctantly, … Continue reading
The online “Books” column of Il Post has published a brand new installment in the mythological saga of the Italian publisher, Edizioni E/O and its New York subsidiary, Europa Editions. Whether we need another encomium to the Sandro Ferri and … Continue reading
Reblogged from the site of The Authors Guild (https://www.authorsguild.org/industry-advocacy/authors-keep-your-copyrights-you-earned-them/) Authors should not assign their copyrights to publishers. As the Model Contract of the Authors Guild emphasizes. CAUTION: Do not allow the publisher to take your copyright or to publish the copyright … Continue reading
Today’s insult to translators is brought to you by the people who are profiting off the “new economy,” “crowd-sourcing,” “job-sharing,” and other neoliberal strategies for destroying professional qualifications, eliminating all regulation, and keeping trained workers from supporting themselves … … … Continue reading
As of 27 July 2015, ISBN Edizioni has filed for bankruptcy. Italian writers/translators with claims should go to STradE’s info page to find out how to proceed: FALLIMENTO DI ISBN EDIZIONI SRL