Search No Peanuts!
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- A Petition to Publishers of English-Language Translations – Signed by 1004 of Your Colleagues May 28, 2015
- A Thousand-Plus Requests to English-Language Publishers: Stop Taking Translators’ Copyrights! May 28, 2015
- Keeping Up with the ISBN/Coppola Case – Some recent online press May 19, 2015
- University Presses: What Went CopyWrong? May 18, 2015
- IQ Tranlation Services (not our typo) in the person of "Dr. H.Smith" (I'll bet) asks whether NP! is "interest to cooperate with us." Umm.... 1 month ago
- The Authors Guild says "Authors should not assign their copyrights to publishers," as our model contract... fb.me/4L5By0reF 1 month ago
- ISBN Edizioni in bankruptcy - What authors and translators can do: traduttoristrade.it/2015/falliment… #occupay @S_TRAD_E 2 months ago
- Last May, ISBN Edizioni's @massimcoppola claimed to be the victim of a "lynching." Now he's just bankrupt. traduttoristrade.it/2015/falliment… 2 months ago
- Remember @harikunzru, the writer who took on ISBN's Massimo Coppola? Yeah, so ISBN Edizioni has declared bankruptcy. #occupay #TotalShock 2 months ago
- Remember Hari Kunzru, who had the courage to take on ISBN Edizioni’s Editorial Director, Massimo Coppola, when... fb.me/519XryYmM 2 months ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
Reblogged from the site of The Authors Guild (https://www.authorsguild.org/industry-advocacy/authors-keep-your-copyrights-you-earned-them/) Authors should not assign their copyrights to publishers. As the Model Contract of the Authors Guild emphasizes. CAUTION: Do not allow the publisher to take your copyright or to publish the copyright … Continue reading
Today’s insult to translators is brought to you by the people who are profiting off the “new economy,” “crowd-sourcing,” “job-sharing,” and other neoliberal strategies for destroying professional qualifications, eliminating all regulation, and keeping trained workers from supporting themselves … … … Continue reading
As of 27 July 2015, ISBN Edizioni has filed for bankruptcy. Italian writers/translators with claims should go to STradE’s info page to find out how to proceed: FALLIMENTO DI ISBN EDIZIONI SRL
A discussion from the 2014 American Literary Translators Association conference of PEN’s “Model Contract for Literary Translations.” Good for ALTA and for PEN for educating translators about how to negotiate contracts for literary publications, how to protect themselves from “work … Continue reading
Recent research shows that translators’ copyrights are “rustled” one third of the time in trade and commercial publishing—and eighty percent of the time in university-press publishing. Simply put, copyright rustling happens when a book publisher takes something from a translator … Continue reading
At the close of its campaign against the widespread practice in English-language translation-publishing of taking translators’ copyrights—especially in the United States and particularly among university presses and some of the largest publishers of translation in the U.S.—No Peanuts! is delivering … Continue reading
BREAKING: As of 27 July 2015, ISBN Edizioni has filed for bankruptcy. Italian writers/translators with claims should go to STradE’s info page to find out how to proceed: FALLIMENTO DI ISBN EDIZIONI SRL The case of the (apparently) bankrupt Italian publisher, … Continue reading