Search No Peanuts!
- Copyright Rustling – Italian Style (Atlantyca & Europa Make a Necessity Out of a Lack of Virtue) April 15, 2015
- Expo 2015 – Proving once again, when it comes to translation, that you get what you pay for … April 13, 2015
- Isn’t It Time Three Percent Stopped Rewarding Publishers Who Take Translators’ Copyrights? April 12, 2015
- The Copyright Rustling Petition: What’s Your Excuse? April 9, 2015
- Skyhorse Publishing: 24 March 2015 Letter to Tony Lyons March 24, 2015
- PEN Translation Committee Redefines the Verb “Advocate” to Mean “Sell Down the River” March 23, 2015
- Europa Editions: 19 March 2015 Letter to Michael Reynolds March 19, 2015
- Italian Labor Investigation: Mondadori/RCS Libri Must Hire “Project” Editors They Pretended Were Freelancers March 9, 2015
- Copyright Rustling - Italian Style #AtlantycaEntertainment #FerranteFever @GeronimoStilton @EuropaEditions #CopyWrong tinyurl.com/lvvdrlu 2 days ago
- Why don't people sign the copyright-rustling petition? Excuse #4: The signers' names aren't visible. bit.ly/1NfGOcy #CopyWrong 3 days ago
- Why not oppose rustling translators' copyrights? Excuse #3: It'll alienate publishers & hurt translators. bit.ly/1NfGOcy #CopyWrong 4 days ago
- Why don't people oppose the "rustling" of translators' copyrights? Excuse #2: The petition is “divisive.” bit.ly/1NfGOcy #CopyWrong 5 days ago
- Isn't it time Three Percent's Best Translated Book Awards.quit rewarding publishers who take translators’ copyrights? tinyurl.com/oaqm6ou 5 days ago
- Good news: 2015 longlist for best translated bks. Bad news: 1/5 of nominated fiction publishers took Trs' copyright tinyurl.com/mwpfxvh 1 week ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics, site design, and social networking | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © Stefano Kalifire, unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
The April 2015 issue of the ATA Chronicle featured an in-depth article about translators and copyright, including the legal opinions and advice of copyright lawyer Erach F. Screwvala, who has represented translators in negotiations with publishers, advised the PEN America … Continue reading
The German daily, FAZ (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung), dedicated the April 11, 2015 issue of its Saturday Magazin to the Milan Expo 2015. Among the articles in the issue was an interview with Tim Parks, author, memoirist, translator (of Tabucchi, Calvino, … Continue reading
Last week, Three Percent announced longlists for the 2015 Best Translated Book Award in both fiction and poetry, and the nominees have already been blogged, tweeted, and pinterested hundreds of times. (About 570 times, in fact, according to Google.) The … Continue reading
In the four weeks since No Peanuts! launched its campaign to raise awareness about the alarming number of translators who lose their copyrights to English-language translation publishers, those who refuse to sign the Copyright Rustling petition or support the campaign … Continue reading
Skyhorse Publishing’s titles include a large number of cookbooks, popular science and pop-psych titles, and self-help manuals, as well as some general and young-adult fiction (through its SkyPony imprint). Because its books don’t fall readily into the category of “literary translation,” … Continue reading
The PEN American Center’s Translation Committee has just released its updated list of Publishers of Works in Translation, boasting that there are now 220 names on the list. 220 entries in updated list of translation publishers brought to you by @PENamerican #Translation Committee (was … Continue reading