Search No Peanuts!
- Let Us Now Praise Infamous Publishers: Edizioni E/O & Europa Editions November 10, 2015
- Authors, Keep Your Copyrights. You Earned Them – The Authors Guild August 17, 2015
- Real Translator® Jobs – Tell me, does this seem like it might be a scam to you? August 14, 2015
- BREAKING: ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola in Bankruptcy August 6, 2015
- ALTA 2014: Ask for What You Deserve – Protecting Literary Translators’ Copyright & Other Rights August 5, 2015
- A Petition to Publishers of English-Language Translations – Signed by 1004 of Your Colleagues May 28, 2015
- A Thousand-Plus Requests to English-Language Publishers: Stop Taking Translators’ Copyrights! May 28, 2015
- Keeping Up with the ISBN/Coppola Case – Some recent online press May 19, 2015
- "The NYRB & Tim Parks on Primo Levi (& his invisible English translators)" by translator Gregory Conti... fb.me/4gz7VJdV8 6 days ago
- "The NYRB & Tim Parks on Primo Levi (& his invisible English translators)" by Gregory Conti @NYRB, tinyurl.com/ncto6k7 6 days ago
- Another encomium to @EuropaEditions, another failure to address Europa's hostile stance toward translators. nopeanuts.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/pra… 2 weeks ago
- John Powers @NPR hails #GallicBooks for its translations of Pascal Garnier's novels. Too bad Gallic takes translators' copyrights every time 2 weeks ago
- Regarding today's NPR story by John Powers, "Brief And Brisk, The Newly Translated 'Boxes' Is An Existential... fb.me/1YfdS2Rvq 2 weeks ago
- A haunted house for freelancers is where potential clients jump out from the shadows & yell "Exposure is payment enough!" (H/T @missokistic) 1 month ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
The online “Books” column of Il Post has published a brand new installment in the mythological saga of the Italian publisher, Edizioni E/O and its New York subsidiary, Europa Editions. Whether we need another encomium to the Sandro Ferri and … Continue reading
Reblogged from the site of The Authors Guild (https://www.authorsguild.org/industry-advocacy/authors-keep-your-copyrights-you-earned-them/) Authors should not assign their copyrights to publishers. As the Model Contract of the Authors Guild emphasizes. CAUTION: Do not allow the publisher to take your copyright or to publish the copyright … Continue reading
Today’s insult to translators is brought to you by the people who are profiting off the “new economy,” “crowd-sourcing,” “job-sharing,” and other neoliberal strategies for destroying professional qualifications, eliminating all regulation, and keeping trained workers from supporting themselves … … … Continue reading
As of 27 July 2015, ISBN Edizioni has filed for bankruptcy. Italian writers/translators with claims should go to STradE’s info page to find out how to proceed: FALLIMENTO DI ISBN EDIZIONI SRL
A discussion from the 2014 American Literary Translators Association conference of PEN’s “Model Contract for Literary Translations.” Good for ALTA and for PEN for educating translators about how to negotiate contracts for literary publications, how to protect themselves from “work … Continue reading
Recent research shows that translators’ copyrights are “rustled” one third of the time in trade and commercial publishing—and eighty percent of the time in university-press publishing. Simply put, copyright rustling happens when a book publisher takes something from a translator … Continue reading
At the close of its campaign against the widespread practice in English-language translation-publishing of taking translators’ copyrights—especially in the United States and particularly among university presses and some of the largest publishers of translation in the U.S.—No Peanuts! is delivering … Continue reading