Search No Peanuts!
- A Petition to Publishers of English-Language Translations – Signed by 1004 of Your Colleagues May 28, 2015
- A Thousand-Plus Requests to English-Language Publishers: Stop Taking Translators’ Copyrights! May 28, 2015
- Keeping Up with the ISBN/Coppola Case – Some recent online press May 19, 2015
- University Presses: What Went CopyWrong? May 18, 2015
- Massimo Coppola’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week May 17, 2015
- ISBN Edizioni/Massimo Coppola – The web is blowing up over Italian publishers that don’t pay May 14, 2015
- Thousands of Translators Refuse to Sign Copyright-Rustling Petition – Don’t Want to Miss Opportunity to be Abused May 1, 2015
- Copyright Rustling – Italian Style (Atlantyca & Europa Make a Necessity Out of a Lack of Virtue) April 15, 2015
- RT @charles_lambert: Please release @raif_badawi & grant him justice, @KingSalman. He has been imprisoned for 3 years too long & must be fr… 1 week ago
- American Lit Translators Assoc award long list: 12 books-only 2 rustled copyrights. Getting better? @LitTranslate tinyurl.com/o8lucke 1 week ago
- kickstarter.com/projects/wordy… ~ Interesting idea. What do... fb.me/1WxPgjEXD 3 weeks ago
- RT @isazzani: Non sei nostro socio? Iscriviti e prendi il POTERE! traduttoristrade.it/iscriversi-2/ twitter.com/S_TRAD_E/statu… 4 weeks ago
- #UmbertoEco & "How to Write a Thesis," Yet another translation in which copyright is taken by the publisher, @mitpress. When will it stop? 1 month ago
- We're with Luciano. @Internazionale, why do you hide the translator's name as though it were a family disgrace? ~... fb.me/2d8Gx1GmJ 1 month ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics & site design | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © No Peanuts! unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
Recent research shows that translators’ copyrights are “rustled” one third of the time in trade and commercial publishing—and eighty percent of the time in university-press publishing. Simply put, copyright rustling happens when a book publisher takes something from a translator … Continue reading
At the close of its campaign against the widespread practice in English-language translation-publishing of taking translators’ copyrights—especially in the United States and particularly among university presses and some of the largest publishers of translation in the U.S.—No Peanuts! is delivering … Continue reading
If you haven’t already, please sign the NP! petition, Put A Stop To Copyright Rustling! The case of the (apparently) bankrupt Italian publisher, ISBN Edizioni; of its director, Massimo Coppola; and of Coppola’s attempts to reframe the social-network narrative with … Continue reading
If you haven’t already, please sign the NP! petition, Put A Stop To Copyright Rustling! How Did University Presses Turn into the Biggest Copyright Rustlers on the Prairie? Perhaps in their purest form, university presses developed to respond to a specific need: … Continue reading
Massimo Coppola’s “big explanation” for what happened at ISBN Edizioni is too little, too late … and too typical. In the end, Massimo Coppola, the publisher of the embattled (and, apparently, now officially defunct) Italian independent publisher, ISBN Edizioni, rolled … Continue reading
A 14 May 2015 article (below) from the Italian magazine, L’Espresso, is just one of the scores of articles, blogs, tweets, Facebook posts, and other mentions over the last week of the secret everyone knows: Italian publishers tend to pay their translators badly … Continue reading
Thousands of Translators Refuse to Sign Copyright-Rustling Petition – Don’t Want to Miss Opportunity to be Abused
Despite a two-month-long campaign, literally thousands of emails, scores of Facebook and Twitter posts, and the signatures of more than 750 of their colleagues, thousands of translators steadfastly continue to refuse to sign the No Peanuts! petition against copyright rustling or otherwise … Continue reading