Search No Peanuts!
- Skyhorse Publishing: 24 March 2015 Letter to Tony Lyons March 24, 2015
- PEN Translation Committee Redefines the Verb “Advocate” to Mean “Sell Down the River” March 23, 2015
- Europa Editions: 19 March 2015 Letter to Michael Reynolds March 19, 2015
- Italian Labor Investigation: Mondadori/RCS Libri Must Hire “Project” Editors They Pretended Were Freelancers March 9, 2015
- La Cortesia “Scatenata” di Annalena Benini / Annalena Benini’s “Unbound” Courtesy February 27, 2015
- When the Knights of Low-End Translation Defend the Indefensible February 17, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Translation (Or, Why does copyright matter?) February 16, 2015
- When You Work for Mega Translation Agencies, Here’s Where All the Money Goes That They’re Not Paying You February 13, 2015
- 322 people so far know there's no legitimate reason for publishers to take translators' copyrights. You, too?... fb.me/4uEcWLsUe 2 hours ago
- "Translators seem to make easy prey." 1 of 322 reasons to sign the NP! petition agnst copyright rustling. tinyurl.com/lbckv3k #CopyWrong 2 hours ago
- If you have #ferrantefever, ask #EuropaEditions why it takes the translator's copyright with every book. tinyurl.com/lbckv3k #CopyWrong 2 hours ago
- If you or your kids love @GeronimoStilton, ask the publisher @edizpiemme why it takes its translators' copyrights every time. #CopyWrong 2 hours ago
- 302 people so far know there's no legitimate reason for publishers to take translators' copyrights. You 2? tinyurl.com/lbckv3k #CopyWrong 2 days ago
- RT @P_A_Livorati: "Translators’ copyrights are 'rustled' [...] 80% of the time in university-press publishing": @No_Peanuts's fight. https:… 4 days ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics, site design, and social networking | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © Stefano Kalifire, unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
Skyhorse Publishing’s titles include a large number of cookbooks, popular science and pop-psych titles, and self-help manuals, as well as some general and young-adult fiction (through its SkyPony imprint). Because its books don’t fall readily into the category of “literary translation,” … Continue reading
The PEN American Center’s Translation Committee has just released its updated list of Publishers of Works in Translation, boasting that there are now 220 names on the list. 220 entries in updated list of translation publishers brought to you by @PENamerican #Translation Committee (was … Continue reading
Italian Labor Investigation: Mondadori/RCS Libri Must Hire “Project” Editors They Pretended Were Freelancers
A victory for contingent workers … Reprinted from the site of the Rete di Redattori Precari (Network of Editors in Contingent Labor). (La versione in italiano si trova sotto) March 6, 2015 Milan’s Labor Inspectorate Concludes Its Investigation: Editors Should … Continue reading
********************************* UPDATE! On the evening of 27 February, Italian time, the editors of Minima & Moralia wrote No Peanuts! to say they had corrected their previous oversight and included the name of the translator in Annalena Bernini’s essay/review of the Italian … Continue reading
Reblogged from: http://translatorsdigest.net/2015/02/17/when-the-knights-of-low-end-translation-defend-the-indefensible) 17 FEB 2015 by Paula Arturo I recently found a group on LinkedIn intended to name and shame companies that pay unacceptable translation rates. The group’s name literally contains the words “unacceptable translation rates” and “shaming” in it, so one … Continue reading
… the publisher will see you now. In the week or so since No Peanuts! posted information about the new report, Copyright “Rustling” in English-Language Translation: How Translators Keep (and Lose) Rights to Their Work—Data from Translations Published in 2014, … Continue reading