Search No Peanuts!
- Nominees for the April 2013 Translator’s Thistle/Cardo del Traduttore
- Bravo! AITI’s New Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Lionbridge Interpretations Manager for Ireland & UK: Don’t Spread Word about Lionbridge Deal with the EOIR
- We’re Leaning As Fast As We Can: Still Trying to Get Sheryl Sandberg to Talk About Invisible Translators!
- Happy Birthday to Us! ~ Three Years of No Peanuts!
- Ya Gotta Have Friends! ~ Poke A Journalist Today!
- This is Not an Oversight. It’s a Policy – Italian Media and the Incredible Disappearing Translator
- “It Was Just an Interview” – Sunday Editor of La Repubblica, Livio Quagliata, Responds to No Peanuts!
- Translation = Mystery Meat?
- Do Something for Translators Today / Fa’ Una Cosa Oggi per i Traduttori
- They’re Women & They Work: Why Does Italy’s La Repubblica Refuse to Name Translators? – An Open Letter to Sheryl Sandberg
- Why we say: 1) Agencies, for whom low price is frequently the only selling point, are the enemies of... fb.me/KMFOGYOy 1 day ago
- Un'altra recensione. Un altro traduttore invisibile. Sì, Federico Rampini, parliamo di “poteri deboli.” Questo... fb.me/2k8SzCbNj 1 week ago
- nopeanuts.wordpress.com/the-translator… ~ to Antonio D'Orrico... fb.me/2AVJEaKMe 2 weeks ago
- Happy International Workers' Day! Never forget: translators and interpreters are *workers* first. fb.me/2WPUypFkc 3 weeks ago
- Ferruccio de Bortoli, Daniele Manca, Giangiacomo Schiavi, Luciano Fontana, Antonio D’Orrico di Corriere della... fb.me/23rYAgw6e 3 weeks ago
- Chiediamo scusa a @chimagazine! La recensione di Sipos di Moehringer cita SÌ il nome del traduttore. Ci scusiamo tanto. No Peanuts! 3 weeks ago
- La Stampa/TUTTOLIBRI, Il Libraio, Corriere della Sera, Libreriamo.it, Il Mestiere di Scrivere. Candidati x il Cardo del Traduttore! 3 weeks ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics, site design, and social networking | Stefano Kalifire
Content editor and sedition monger | Wendell Ricketts
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © Stefano Kalifire, unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
In March, No Peanuts! launched The Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore, a new initiative aimed at combatting the widespread phenomenon of the “invisible translator.” In specific, the Translator’s Thistle project hopes to call attention to a very bad habit of … Continue reading
At its General Assembly on April 13, 2013, the Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters (AITI) adopted a new Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. For No Peanutistas, portions of two of the new Code’s twenty-three articles are cause for … Continue reading
Lionbridge Interpretations Manager for Ireland & UK: Don’t Spread Word about Lionbridge Deal with the EOIR
After a member of a Dublin-based interpreters’ mailing list posted information critical of the proposed agreement between Lionbridge and the US Executive Office for Immigration Review, Lionbridge International’s Interpretations Business Manager for Ireland & UK, Carolyn Flynn, ordered the member to stop … Continue reading
We’re Leaning As Fast As We Can: Still Trying to Get Sheryl Sandberg to Talk About Invisible Translators!
No Peanuts! turns three years old today. No, no. There’s no need for gifts. Well, okay, if you insist. You could: Read the Statement of Principles and decide to become an Official Endorser. Use the New Translator Directory of Translators … Continue reading
The No Peanuts! Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore project — and our first monthly prize to La Repubblica newspaper – is off to a great start! We’d like to thank all the BIG people … First off, a thanks as wide as … Continue reading
Questo non è un caso. È una politica. Here’s the basic principle: When a newspaper, magazine, website, or other journalistic medium publishes an article about a translated book, the name of the translator should appear. Everywhere in the world, that’s … Continue reading
“It Was Just an Interview” – Sunday Editor of La Repubblica, Livio Quagliata, Responds to No Peanuts!
Livio Quagliata, the editor of the Sunday edition of Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper, has responded to No Peanuts!’ request for an explanation regarding his paper’s exclusion of the names of the two translators of Sheryl Sandberg’s new book, Lean In, released simultaneously in Italy … Continue reading
Do Something for Translators Today / Fa’ Una Cosa Oggi per i Traduttori
Send this letter, in English or Italian to the editors of La Repubblica. Feel free to modify the letter in any way you’d like. / Manda questa lettera, in inglese o in italiano, alla redazione de La Repubblica. Modifica la … Continue reading