Search No Peanuts!
- There Is Always Someone | C’è Sempre Qualcuno
- Webflakes – At least half of their name is right
- La Vita Agra di un Traduttore – Alessandra Benvenuto (23 Ott 13)
- Reblogged: “Translation: An Open Letter to the Editor of La Stampa” – Luca Lovisolo
- La Stampa Criticizes a Translation for Being Too Expensive — And Entirely Misses the Point
- Translation and Identity/Translation As Identity – Kenneth Kronenberg
- The Summer Anti-Thistle / l’Anti-Cardo Estivo: How Easy Was That?
- Beware of Sharks! Don’t Sign the NDA!
- May 2013: The Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore – Federico Rampini and La Repubblica
- Nominees for the April 2013 Translator’s Thistle/Cardo del Traduttore
- Bravo! AITI’s New Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Querelata per un commento su Facebook. SiRi di Foggia: il nuovo estetico italiano? Gelo per la libertà di parola. tinyurl.com/kdv6bw3 1 week ago
- There Is Always Someone | C’è Sempre Qualcuno fb.me/2COEcmT3k 2 weeks ago
- youtu.be/36usDqbotJU ~ At first glance, you may wonder why this is relevant to translators. The very savvy... fb.me/29rPJEXTT 2 weeks ago
- …eraidelleditoriaunitevi.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/svu… ~ "[I] libri vengono fatti a pezzi da... fb.me/6A5R95szo 2 weeks ago
- :RESPECT: ~ nopeanuts.wordpress.com/respect/willia… ~ Three pieces on the master translator. fb.me/2055qQISn 3 weeks ago
- Baldini Castoldi Dalai ti devono dei soldi? Dalla lista del Sindacato Traduttori Editoriali (STradE): "Questo... fb.me/2Eocy7vmE 3 weeks ago
- translatorleaks.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/orb… ~ From our colleagues at TranslatorLeaks. fb.me/2KlLhQYAk 3 weeks ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics, site design, and social networking | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © Stefano Kalifire, unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
The people at Webflakes have a great idea for translators: Come work for free! Yes, it’s yet another business that hopes to profit from other people’s unpaid work (in this case, “language buffs – professional translators or students, active or … Continue reading
Sorvoliamo il titolo cliché, poco fantasioso, da pappagallo. Leggere questo articolo vale la pena.
Here’s more on the lackadaisical (and increasingly low-quality) journalism of La Stampa, one of Italy’s largest (and oldest) newspapers. In the essay that follows (in Italian), Luca Lovisolo makes painfully clear what happens when journalists pretend to be translators — and how … Continue reading
It seems worth saying before anything else that La Stampa’s Anna Martellato is a lousy journalist. In her 19 July 2013 article about the “scandal” caused by the decision of the health department in Mirano (Veneto), Italy, to spend nearly … Continue reading
: we are not pieceworkers … we are a community of intellectuals capable of coming together to act in our own interests — Kenneth Kronenberg : No Peanutsistas will recall Kenneth Kronenberg’s essay, “Translation in a Corporate … Continue reading
The No Peanuts! Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore is taking part of the summer off, but we wanted to remind our readers that giving the translator his or her due isn’t hard. In fact, in the examples below, some thoughtful … Continue reading
No Peanuts! is pleased to help disseminate the information below, provided to us in Italian by a No Peanutsista! in Italy and translated by No Peanuts! For various reasons, the company in question is not named, but it won’t be … Continue reading
The Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore for May 2013 is awarded to: Federico Rampini, prize-winning Italian journalist and Asia expert, for his essay-review of Moisés Naím’s La fine del potere, and La Repubblica newspaper for once again omitting the names of translators. ~ IN … Continue reading
In March, No Peanuts! launched The Translator’s Thistle/Il Cardo del Traduttore, a new initiative aimed at combatting the widespread phenomenon of the “invisible translator.” In specific, the Translator’s Thistle project hopes to call attention to a very bad habit of … Continue reading