Search No Peanuts!
- AmazonCrossing Will Meet European Translators in Frankfurt to Discuss Contract Disputes
- Translation Today: New Opportunities for Bondage and Poverty
- Don’t Babel – Don’t Crowd-Source – Don’t Call Yourself a Professional If All You Do is McTranslate
- Kelly Marek & TransPerfect – Who are you calling a One-Percenter?
- Agreement Between the German Translators’ Association and Publishers
- Workers, All
- Your Daily Giggle (Sponsored by Milan: Expo 2015)
- Giornalettismo on the “horrors” of Expo 2015’s English Translations
- Marco Valsecchi azzecca in pieno: “Expo 2015 Stumbles Over English Translations”
- Meet Cretino! The Expo 2015 Italian-to-English Translator
- Expo 2015 a Milano – La gioia di stare al ribasso! [in italiano]
- At issue, irregularities in terms and conditions of AmazonCrossing literary translation contracts Two years of... fb.me/6GVpry9yN 1 day ago
- Dedicated to the Scuola Superiore per Interpreti e Traduttori di Pescara. fb.me/3kpBJvbsG 4 days ago
- innovationinsights.wired.com/insights/2014/…... fb.me/3cO6CLhYH 1 week ago
- RT @language_news: Analogy: being bilingual doesn't make you an #1nt just like being able to type doesn't make you a court reporter. There'… 1 week ago
- 300 translators & interpreters, 100 language combinations. The TNT Directory of Translators & Interpreters! ~ tntdirectory.wordpress.com 1 week ago
- nopeanuts.wordpress.com/endorsements ~ 32 new additions means a total of 533 Official Endorsers of the NP! Stm of Principles! What are *you* waiting for? 2 weeks ago
- We can hardly keep up with the sudden birth (and, usually, equally sudden death) of these nonsense-based... fb.me/6EPjVcBo8 3 weeks ago
They’re Talking about No Peanuts!
La Repubblica e le traduttrici invisibili! - from “L'Accademia de' Pignuoli” di Daniele Gewurz | Traduttori, non accettate le briciole! - from “operaidelleditoriaunitevi” | Working for Peanuts? - from "Alta Verba " | Los traductores no viven de cacahuetes - from "El Eterno Indeciso" | Don't Be A Monkey - From Kevin Lossner's "Translation Tribulations" | Translators: Stop working for peanuts! - from Tony Baldwin's "non compos mentis" | No Peanuts, au service des traducteurs? - from "Ma voisine millionnaire" | Si vous n’êtes pas un singe, ne travaillez pas pour des cacahuètes - from "Le mot juste en anglais" | Un joli badge tout neuf - from "Les piles intermédiaires" | Of Peanuts and Monkeys - from Judy & Dagmar Jenner's "Translation Times" | Movimento No Peanuts! - from Giuseppe Manuel Brescia's "Smuggled Words"
- Follow No Peanuts! on Facebook!
Feature this badge on your site!
Acknowledgements & Copyright Notice
Guru of graphics, site design, and social networking | Stefano Kalifire
Contact the content editor and sedition monger to comment on or submit an article.
Copyright notice: The names “No Peanuts! for Translators” and “No Peanuts! Movement,” along with the “No Peanuts! for Translators” banner and the slogan “If you’re not a monkey, stop working for peanuts!” are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. Articles and posts are © the author(s), unless otherwise indicated. All graphic elements are © Stefano Kalifire, unless otherwise indicated.
Author Archives: No Peanuts! for Translators
At issue, irregularities in terms and conditions of AmazonCrossing literary translation contracts Two years of united resistance by German, Italian, and French translators a decisive factor in persuading Amazon to meet Following two years of resistance and organizing by European translators’ associations in … Continue reading
It’s not true that the translation profession is in trouble! Kevin Lossner describes the new employment opportunities available to today’s translators: chattel labor, indentured servitude, linguistic sausage production, slavelance, cog in the profit gears, bulk-market bog slopper, digital sharecropper. Essential reading for those floundering … Continue reading
Further to our Facebook and Twitter posts about Unbabel, the latest entry in the “let’s swarm over the devastated battlefield of the translation profession and see if we can pick a few pockets before the corpses get too ripe” competition, we were … Continue reading
So the New York Times, bringing to public attention the harrowing saga of “serial renters” in the Big Apple, dropped this intriguing item in its Real Estate section last March 28: Kelly Marek, 30 … a global account director for TransPerfect, a … Continue reading
[Translated from the press release issued by the Italian Editorial Translators' Union, STradE; read it in Italian here.] ___________________________________________ On April 1, 2014, the German association of literary translators, the VdÜ (Verband deutschsprachiger Übersetzer literarischer und wissenschaftlicher Werke), and a group … Continue reading
You don’t have to be a communist. You don’t have to be a socialist. You don’t have to be a radical. You don’t have to be an activist. You don’t have to be a Democrat. You don’t have to be … Continue reading
One of the many fundamental milestone along the way to translating from Italian to English is understanding when you should use plural and when the singulars is appropriate. It’s the kind of mistakes a translators doesn’t make when he grew … Continue reading